These extensometers are designed for testing a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, composites and ceramics. All will work in both tension and compression. The dual flexure design makes them very rugged and insensitive to vibrations, which permits higher frequency operation.
They come standard with Epsilon’s quick attach kit, making it possible to mount the extensometer on the test specimen quickly and easily with one hand. The quick attach kit can be removed, allowing mounting of the extensometer with springs or rubber bands.
The Model 3542 extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller. The signal conditioning electronics for the extensometer is typically included with the test machine controller or may often be added. In this case the extensometer is shipped with the proper connector and wiring to plug directly into the electronics. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions, allowing the extensometer output to be connected to data acquisition boards, chart recorders or other equipment.
For gauge lengths 100 mm (4 inches) or greater see Model 3542L.
• May be left on through specimen failure.
• Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
• All models can measure in both tension and compression and can be used for cyclic testing.
• Mechanical overtravel stops in both directions.
• Cable stops are used for overtravel protection where required. Epsilon’s cable stops are contained fully between the arms of the extensometer, and do not hang below where they can interfere with fixturing-especially during compression testing.
• Standard units meet ASTM class B-1 requirements for accuracy. A test certificate is included. ISO 9513 class 0,5 test certificates are available upon request.
• Hardened tool steel knife edges are easily replaced. A spare set comes with every extensometer.
• High and low temperature options extend operation from as low as -265 °C (-450 °F) to +200 °C (400 °F).
•Includes high quality foam lined case.
•Replaceable arms and spacers for ease of repair. This also allows changing the gauge length for different test requirements.
•Rugged, dual flexure design for strength and improved performance. Much stronger than single flexure designs, this also allows cyclic testing at higher frequencies.
•Standard quick attach kit allows one hand mounting to specimens.
Quick attach kit wire forms for large specimens
Adapter kits to change gauge lengths
Connectors to interface to nearly any brand test equipment
Special coatings and stainless steel knife edges available for
Shunt calibration module
Specialty knife edges
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.15% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40 °C to +100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Standard Quick Attach Kit: Fits round samples up to 25 mm diameter (1.0 inch) and flats to 12 mm thick by 31 mm wide (0.5 inch by 1.25 inch)
Operating Force: 30 g typical
Electromechanical Universal Testing Machine
Hydraulic Universal Testing Machine
Impact Testing Machine
Dynamic Testing System
Creep and Rupture Testing Machine
Compression Testing Machine
Upset Testing Machine
Bending Testing Machine
Torsion Testing Machine
Cupping Testing Machine
Spring Testing Machine
Friction Wear Testing Machine
Load Cell Calibration System
High Temperature Axial Extensometer
Fracture Mechanics Clip-on Gages
Transverse and Diametral Extensometers
High Temperature Transverse and Diametral Extensometers
Rock,Concrete and Asphalt Extensometers
Averaging,bi-axial and axial torsional extensometers
Bolt prool,lap shear and specialty extensometers
Knife Edges for Extensometers
Interface Electronics and Signal Conditioners
Sample Preparation Machine