The Model 3567 extensometer may be used for ASTM A1034 testing to measure strain and elongation during tension testing of rebar splice assemblies consisting of rebar and rebar couplers, coupling sleeves and splices. The extensometer measures strain through yield and may be used for tension, cyclic, slip, and differential elongation tests.
The extensometer may be left on through failure and includes suspension points for fall protection. It is designed to automatically release from the rebar splice assembly when the extensometer reaches full scale extension at 12.5 mm (0.5 inches), typically after specimen yield. The extensometer is suspended by a tether after it is released from the specimen. The upper arm incorporates mechanical stops that protect the extensometer from over travel.
The unit is self-supporting and mounts to the rebar using attachment collars above and below the coupler. The collars simply clamp on without any need for rebar surface preparation. Collars are available to work with all common rebar and coupling / splice sizes, including 6 -60 mm (#2 – #18J) diameter rebar. Extensometer gauge length may be adjusted to any value from 95 mm -675 mm (3.74 -26.6 inches) with the standard model, and optionally up to 975 mm (38.4 inches).
The Model 3567 consists of two simultaneous, separate measurements which are averaged to measure axial elongation. A configuration that uses three separate measurements for improved test accuracy is optional.
Model 3567 extensometers may also be used for tension testing of un-spliced rebar. For labs that mainly test un-spliced rebar, the Model 3543 extensometer incorporates efficiency and durability features specifically designed for that application.
Model 3567 extensometers are strain gaged devices, making them compatible with any electronics designed for strain gaged transducers. Most often they are connected to a test machine controller and Epsilon will equip the extensometer with compatible connectors that are wired to plug directly into the controller. For systems lacking the required electronics, Epsilon can provide a variety of solutions for signal conditioning and connection to data acquisition systems, chart recorders, or other equipment.
• Specifically designed to be left on through specimen failure – extensometer automatically releases from the rebar splice assembly upon reaching the full scale of the extensometer.
• One system may be used for all common rebar and coupling / splice sizes, including 6-60 mm (#2-#18J) diameter rebar.
• Replaces homemade clip gages and LVDTs with a reliable, repeatable solution.
• Durable system includes thease features:
- A tether suspends the extensometer after automatic release and provides fall protection
- The extensometer’s upper arm has integral stops to protect it from over travel
• Exceeds ASTM A1034 requirements for extensometer accuracy; meets ASTM class B-1 and ISO 9513 class 0,5 accuracy requirements.
• Averages two or three measurements for accurate and repeatable measurements.
• Extension bars enable gauge lengths up to 975 mm (38.4 inches).
• Replaceable components for ease of repair.
• Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
• Includes high quality foam lined case.
Gauge length adapters may be added for gauge lengths over 675 mm (26.6 inches) to extend the maximum gauge length to 975 mm (38.4 inches)
Collars for 6-14 mm (#2-#4) and 32-60 mm (#10-#18J) diameter rebar are optional; collars for 8-36 mm (#3-#11) diameter rebar are included standard
Average of two or three separate measurements
Average output at a single connector, or separate outputs and connectors for each measurement to enable subsequent averaging
Connectors to interface to nearly any brand of test equipment
Shunt calibration module
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V
Linearity: ≤0.15% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40℃ to +100℃ (-40°F to 210°F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Specimen Size: Rebar diameter 8-36 mm (#3-#11) standard, 6-60 mm (#2 - #18J) optional; coupler diameter up to 102 mm (4.0 inches)
Gauge Length: 95-675 mm (3.74-26.6 inches) standard, up to 975 mm (38.4 inches) optional
Electromechanical Universal Testing Machine
Hydraulic Universal Testing Machine
Impact Testing Machine
Dynamic Testing System
Creep and Rupture Testing Machine
Compression Testing Machine
Upset Testing Machine
Bending Testing Machine
Torsion Testing Machine
Cupping Testing Machine
Spring Testing Machine
Friction Wear Testing Machine
Load Cell Calibration System
High Temperature Axial Extensometer
Fracture Mechanics Clip-on Gages
Transverse and Diametral Extensometers
High Temperature Transverse and Diametral Extensometers
Rock,Concrete and Asphalt Extensometers
Averaging,bi-axial and axial torsional extensometers
Bolt prool,lap shear and specialty extensometers
Knife Edges for Extensometers
Interface Electronics and Signal Conditioners
Sample Preparation Machine